Stonecivil were engaged to undertake this project which required the construction of retaining walls up to a height of 6m and requiring delivery and placement of in excess of 30,000 limestone blocks.
As part of the works the design required construction of 10 stair flights 3 metres high to provide access to the lots, and limestone piers to allow construction of the steel fencing.
Boutique exposure demanded an extremely high quality finished product which was ultimately achieved.
The project had some challenging problems which Stonecivil overcame in a safe and effective manner
- Steeply sloping 10m high site with confined and terraced working areas
- Retaining wall heights of up to 6m requiring stringent safety procedures to minimise risks and hazards
- Extensive requirements for working off high scaffolding platforms
- Working adjacent to existing residential properties and live services
- Stonecivil had the capacity and skills utilising their experienced site and head office personnel to ensure that the required works program was met
- Finishing works were required to be to an extremely high standard to present a top quality product in keeping with the site’s prominent location
- The work site was surrounded by existing properties which required sensitive management by our site supervisor keeping plant and machinery movements, particularly deliveries to site, to an acceptable level.
With the help of Stonecivil and the efficient way the project was managed the overall contract was finished within budget and ahead of the required completion deadline for this high profile 24 lot sub-division.